Ryder's Age

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beer gardens are not the same

Eric and I went to Der Biergarten downtown tonight to check out their German cuisine.  The atmosphere was quite nice (well decorated), the food was good (I had Jaegerschnitzel and Eric had three different types of Wurst), and the beer was YUM (I had a sip... ohh sweet nectar).  Of course, Eric ordered the liter, and I matched him ounce for ounce with water.  All in all, it is a good spot, and I encourage everyone to go try it (call us, we'll go with you). 

In the spirit of going to Der Biergarten, and Oktoberfest fever is brewing (pun intended) in Helen, GA, I tried on my German dress that we bought during our trip in March.  Needless to say, the dress was not made to fit a growing belly.  Below is a "before" (with my host-Mom, Claudia) and "after" (today).  The picture does not do justice to the extreme tightness.  It took four hands (both of Eric's and both of min) to zip the dress.  Thank heaven it did not bust.  We are going up to Helen in a few weeks with Britt, Lindsey and the boys.  Eric and Charlie are going to wear their Lederhosen! 

March 2010
October 2010

Below is my 21 week belly shot (on my way to work on Friday).  I love casual Friday more than ever now!!

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing Heather!!! Can't wait to see you in December, so glad you are doing this blog so that I can see how everything is going!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete