Ryder's Age

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hello my name is...


We cannot thank you all enough for all of the wonderful name ideas.  August, William, Landon, Luke, etc... they are all great!!  We decided to name our son Ryder Louis LarsonRyder (suggested by Aunt Lindsey) is an English surname that we chose 1) because we just like the sound of it, and 2) because of the Europe vs US Ryder Cup golf tournament-- you all know I love, love, love Europe, so there's my European reference in his name!  Louis is a family name on my side... William Louis (my dad), Oscar Louis (my dad's dad), James Louis (my mom's dad), Britton Louis (my brother), Charles Louis (my Godson and nephew), Charles Louis (my cousin that passed away from Leukemia).... as you can see, the middle name was an easy choice for us.  Larson, of course, forever ties him to his father's wonderful family. 

We started the nursery this weekend.  After cleaning out the guest room (note to self, no more lifting--yikes,that was rough), Eric and my dad put up some bead board yesterday (thank goodness banker's get Columbus Day as a holiday).  We still need to add trim to the top of the board, add the crown molding at the ceiling, and then paint (blue)!
Before

After (still a long way to go)

We went to the Braves game last night... too bad they lost.  Ryder got his first Braves outfit!  Eric loves a souvenir stand!

Other super exciting news...
Congrats to Aunt Lindsey on the new job!!!  Yeah!

Ryder's Uncle Brian and Aunt Liz are moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma later this year.  Sad, but true.  Liz got a great promotion within Siemens... Go Liz!!!  We will really miss you both!!

Two of Ryder's girlfriends were welcomed into the world over the past couple of days.  Our good friends from church, Lindsay and Mike, welcomed a little girl named Vivienne Gail on Friday.  My coworker, Jim, and his wife, Cheryl, welcomed Kiersten Ann yesterday!  Welcome girls... Ryder will be here in a few months to come play!

No comments:

Post a Comment