Ryder's Age

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Visits from my grandparents!

The end of July and beginning of August have quickly slipped through out fingers.  Hot summer days have kept us inside more than we like, but that has not slowed down Ryder!  He is sitting up much better and recently discovered his new favorite toy- a wooden man that makes noise when you shake him (a gift from Allie from her trip to Argentina).  We are working on rolling over.  His physical therapist, aka Grandma Larson, came and gave him a workout tonight.  He did well, and he should be rolling soon.  Ryder is working so hard to catch up with his full term friends!
my new favorite toy- until I shake it and bop my head
Lovin' my Nonnie and Pappy!

Squeezes from Grandpa and Grandma!
In other news, Ryder got his first ear infection this past week.  Poor boy... sleepless nights and a fever.  He is doing better after a few days on antibiotics.
Gotta love the cool effects of Instagram pictures!
I have been meaning to post about my baby food making endeavors for weeks, but have not gotten around to it.  I have gone from apples all the way to zucchini (so far his favorite) with many fruits and vegetables along the way!  This weekend was our first dabble with combinations-- green beans and potatoes.  I urge all of my mom friends to try making your child's food.  The store food has come a LONG way since we were children, but it still pales in comparison to freshly made food.  There are a ton of blogs and websites with tips.  My tip- go buy an old fashioned baby food cook book at your local book store.  In addition to making healthy food for your child, you also get more creative in the kitchen for your own meals.
freeze using ice cube trays- each cube is about 1 oz.
Apples and rice cereal- breakfast of champions!
you can even add breast milk to thin!

No comments:

Post a Comment